As meeting-goers begin to convene again in person, wellness should be top of mind. Meeting planners and attendees are increasingly aware of the benefits of therapeutic services and how they play a role in the success of any meeting, conference or program. According to The American Institute of Stress, “Stress inhibits our focus. This impacts our work productivity. Even prior to the pandemic, a Gallup study found 55 percent of Americans are stressed most of the day. Stress negatively affects work productivity and relationships with co-workers and leads to being mentally ‘checked out’ at work.” If wellness matters in the everyday workplace, it certainly matters at a conference or meeting, where expectations are high to yield a strong return on investment.
1. The Abbey Resort (Fontana, Wisconsin). The Neroli Blossom Sensory treatment offers attendees the chance to renew and refresh the body and mind with this therapeutic treatment incorporating tension release, energy and breathing with the uplifting essence of Neroli. Neroli oil has a light element of citrus which enhances relaxation and calms the mind – the perfect refresh after a full day of meetings.
2. Garden of the Gods Resort and Club (Colorado Springs, Colorado). Haslauer Flotation Therapy offers a truly memorable experience to reduce mental and physical stress. Attendees can unwind in the highly coveted Haslauer Pure Sense Soft Pack Bed—imported from Austria and housed in a special sanctuary room—as attendees float weightlessly, cocooned by body temperature warmth, and feel the vibrations of music. To further enhance this one-hour float experience, guests might pair it with the STRATA Signature Full-Body Massage.
3. Riverhouse on the Deschutes (Bend, Oregon). The Blue Eucalyptus Massage is a holistic treatment that combats adrenal fatigue. The session begins with a steaming blue eucalyptus inhalation to enhance immunity, followed by a full-body massage with ginger root oil to rebalance the adrenal system. To finish, a cooling peppermint balm is massaged onto the feet and calves, bringing relaxation full circle.
4. Lansdowne (Leesburg, Virginia). Vitality Ritual Mandarin – Sweet Orange is a body ritual that features fruity fragrances combined with a re-balancing massage to awaken senses, free stress, fight against physical and mental fatigue and recover energy levels. It is the ideal 80-minute reset for a tired body and mind.
5. Costa d’Este Beach Resort & Spa (Vero Beach, Florida). Attendees can take wellness to another level with a Halotherapy dry salt experience in the salt room. Halotherapy is a dry salt therapy that uses a halo generator to grind and crush salt into micronized particles and disperse through a dry salt aerosol into the salt room, allowing the dry salt to act like a sponge attracting foreign substances. There are many benefits when it comes to Halotherapy but a few to note include increased better sleep patterns and reduced anxiety or stress. As dry salt is an antibacterial agent, it will dissolve bacteria and pollutants allowing results to be achieved in as little as 5-20 minutes.
In today’s remote world, it can often be challenging to find a time (and place) to unplug and foster meaningful connections within your company. For those looking to escape the everyday and inspire innovation, collaboration and relaxation, consider a lakeside location for your next company meeting.
For meeting planners, finding new, unique and inspiring destinations for an upcoming event can prove difficult. Here are three Benchmark Resorts & Hotels' destinations dotted around the country, which offer unique experiences for meeting guests.
If your team’s connection relies on your internet connection, it’s probably time to think about making your workplace culture a little more personal. So, move morning coffee from your home office to one of Benchmark Resorts & Hotels’ boutique properties. We’ll bring the to-go cups.
Taking a step away from traditional office spaces and heading to new places can help teams refocus on business objectives, offering a fresh, relaxed environment, free of workplace distractions.
Happy employees are more likely to have a positive attitude when it comes to their work, increasing productivity and the overall culture of a company.
Whether it’s a large corporate gathering or a small group of meeting goers, Benchmark Resorts & Hotels has several excellent locations to host impactful and productive meetings:
Often, the best ideas come when we take a step (far) away from our usual surroundings. However, while the idea of jetting across the globe for meetings sounds inspiring, it can be a logistical challenge for meeting planners.
Over the past decade or so, sustainability has been at the forefront of workplace initiatives. But that shouldn’t just be a focus in the workplace itself – businesses should strive to ensure that they are engaging in sustainability practices even when traveling for conventions, corporate retreats and meetings alike.
Whether it’s an intimate conference or gathering for a small business or a chance to reward an individual team in a large corporation, Benchmark Resorts & Hotels has some excellent locations to host impactful meetings, executive retreats and events to meet the needs of smaller groups:
For meeting planners, technology can be a friend or foe. And, in this new hybrid environment with both virtual and in-person attendees to consider, meeting organizers must rely on conferencing technology – to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for all attendees.
With many companies making the switch to fully remote or hybrid work, there’s added pressure on offsite meetings to make up for lost facetime and build team bonds that can benefit business.
While company retreats have long been a staple of the business world, they often take place in a busy and overstimulated location like a major city for reasons including accessibility and proximity to a large airport. Planning a retreat in a remote location not only boosts your attendees’ comfort level as they ease back into in-person meetings, but time spent in a remote setting surrounded by nature is proven to improve brain health and stimulate creative thinking as well.
Breeze cooling your skin. Sun warming your view. Arms spread wide, floating down through the mountains. Can you picture it? A paragliding escapade through the Grand Tetons is just one of many teambuilding opportunities offered at Benchmark Resorts & Hotels properties around the country, designed to heighten your senses in a way that embraces creativity.